● Seed of bulle ●
Cheese! It’s National Cheese Day! We offer you a rewarding meeting with one of our most fervent followers.
Raphaël Chauvet – 45 – Founder of the agency – Hard paste with melting heart, he could write volumes of it.
- What’s your role today ? My role today is to transmit, to train, to accompany in my turn the growth of our young seeds of architects and to feed the agency so that it becomes autonomous. I am not attached to the image of the founder of the agency but more to that of the little seed that I have been. Twisted, improbable, off-field, dusty, but lasting and resistant !
- How do you see yourself in 10 years ? I will have grown and gained a little more height. I would have gained in relevance and reading comfort (and probably with glasses) to bring an even richer and deeper dimension to the projects. And I hope that I will finally be able to get out of the dictatorship of the daily life which engulfs ideas and does not allow to build serenely.
- If you were a building ? I would rather be a road structure. A bridge. Or a cave dwelling on the mountainside. The two have the common point of dealing with existing environments, tortured, which constrain man in his ingenuity and in his adaptation. But I could let myself be tempted by a station or an airport for the invitation to the trip they release and the organized tingling they show.
- Why architect then ? It’s just in my head! My trip is to make projects, to implement ideas, to take on challenges. My daily life is to work on spaces. But I love space above all. Emptiness. Immensity. Horizon and perspectives. And knowing how to integrate man into his environment.
- If you were a seed ? Why not a cranberry bean ?! It’s funny a seed that farts at the end!
- If you were a cheese ? then this is serious. For cheese I am able to make a raid in the refrigerator on the sly, to plunder everything and leave for signature only a little word in the cheese box: «the gang of mouses is past». I love them all. But I would say a hard cheese like the old gouda with nice salt crystals. Beyond the taste, its texture is reminiscent of the raw material with which we enjoy playing in our projects with its imperfections, its roughness, its shades of colors…
- What if you did another job ? Shepherd, winemaker or olive grower to stay in touch with nature and to grow, pamper, transform, shape a product of the earth.
- Bulle in 3 words : Project – Family – Exchanges
- A special moment at Bulle ? The inauguration of our offices. A wonderful memory of conviviality and a good stop on our career history.
- A gem (shop, movie, book, recipe, exhibition, restaurante…) More like two. First, the Kamelott series. Quirky, full of humour, puns and truth. “That’s not wrong.” And then a place I love: “Bobby Spot.” Located close to the border between the two departments (Landes and Gironde), this little wild corner is full of memories of surfing sessions with friends and carefree of the beautiful years. I always like to come back with my family.
- A place, a destination to visit in France : South America and especially the Andes Cordillera.
- Your favorite meal ? I will not talk about a favorite dish but a favorite side dish to all my small dishes in Sunday sauce: pasta as a pleasure of a burgundian, a blanquette, an osso buco, scallops and the list is long… I’m already hungry. where’s the cheese?
We always watch over them, follow with our evolution our small seeds of wild flowers !!